Our Baptist declaration of principle states:
- That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each church has liberty, under the guidance of Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer his laws.
- That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit of those who have expressed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, who ‘died for sins according to the scriptures; was buried, and rose again on the third day.’
- That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.
We also subscribe the Evangelical Alliance’s statement of faith which states:
WE BELIEVE IN….
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament scriptures, who are the written word of God fully trustworthy for faith and conduct. The dignity of all people made male and female in God’s image, to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary, truly divine, truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross, dying in our pace, paying the price of sin and defeating evil so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of the resurrection, his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the World.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through the new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables us to witness.
- The Church the Body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel promoting justice and love.
- The personal visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purpose of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost and establish a new heaven and a new earth.